21 October 2015

Spoonie Survival Kits

As usual I had so many plans to have this written and published this morning at an acceptable time. Then my body decided that it wanted to have a hissy fit. Soo I had to doze in the morning to catch up on some zzz's and try and escape epic knee pain. All fun stuff and now I'm awake when most people are heading to bed and still no sign of sleep.

Anyways this post is all about one of my first chronic illness friends I made way back when I joined Twitter looking for support. Pippa is honestly one of the nicest, most supportive and caring girls I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and one day I will meet her and give her the biggest hug.

Pippa has started the most adorable project to raise money, awareness and happiness. The Spoonie Survival kits, which you can get on Etsy, are little bags of happiness made by chronic illness sufferers for chronic illness sufferers to show that you are not alone. Everyone who works on the project has a chronic illness and they offer accessible volunteering options for anyone with a disability who wants a chance to do something. Each bag is a surprise with a different range of sizes to suit everyone's budget. 25% of the money goes straight back into the project, funding more bags, and the other 75% goes to a chronic illness charity.

You can find out more about them here and follow them on Twitter.

Spoonie survival kit

Now here's where you come in. Pippa and her spoonie survival kits need your vote for a chance to win £10,000 to further develop the project and reach more people. This money could make a huge difference to the project and help make so many more people smile. All you have to do is click this link and give them a vote by click the thumbs up. Easy peasy. You can also watch Pippas video which explains the project. Voting is open until the 28th and it would mean so much if you could take 5 seconds out of your day to vote and share.

Thank you so much in advance


Post a Comment